Monday, May 14, 2012

Nutrition and supplements leading into an unlimited contest



First things first, nutrition leading into an unlimited contest. I do not watch a\calories the week before a contest, infact I make sure to consume a few more than I am used to. I typically take the week before a contest off (I will address this later as well) so my appetite can be a problem from time to time, I just stay on a schedule and eat every 2-4 hrs. But all of this is common knowledge, lets get into supplements leading into a contest.

I aim for a few different kinds of supplements.
-Creatine
-Multi vitamin
-Joint
-Omegas

All of these together will prep your body to recover fully before the contest and almost guarantee a PR in contest if you have been training hard. My favorite types of creatine are Creatine Ester Ethel (CEE) however if there are heavy pulling events I will use Creatine Monohydrate in order to add a few pounds of water weight to aid in events like truck pulls. as for THE BEST creatine you will have to try different kinds to see what you like best, but I find these two to be the main types I run to for a contest.

Multivitamins should be taken year round, honestly, WHY NOT TAKE THEM!? But every once in a while I like to drop them for a few weeks to clear everything out, "Keep the body guessing" so to speak. Joint supplements are critical in my opinion, everytime I stop taking a joint supplement I feel it. That is enough for me to be on a joint supplement for a long time, I don't worry about stopping joint supps. I feel very similar to Omega acids, be it flax or fish oil, it does not matter, get those omegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment